1. What is the difference between an observation and an inference? Give an example from everyday life.
2. Describe one way in which you use the process skill of classifying in daily life.
3. Why is it important to engage students in planning (rather than just conducting) an investigation?
4. Why do we ask students, “what are you keeping the same? What are you changing?” when they are planning a science experiment?
1. NGSS: Introduction to Three-Dimensional Learning
What are the practices in which these students are engaged? What is meant by place-based science? How is this science as practice?
2. NGSS: How Practices Change
How are the students arguing from evidence? What was the nature of the evidence? How did the students use prediction? How do initial practices lead to other practices?